Tuesday 22 February 2011

My first 2 days at Chapman Entertainment

Hi everyone

Well I'm two days into my animator training at Chapman Entertainment and I've already learnt soo much. I'm getting advice and tips via animators who have worked on the likes of Coraline, Corpse Bride and Fantastic Mr Fox. It's just amazing.

So... First day I spent the morning getting used to the puppet (Flash from Rory the Racing Car) I tried a few walking tests.
In the afternoon I moved onto picking up a box. I made it so the box wasn't too heavy, Flash was able to pick it up with one hand.

Second day I worked at trying to show the box had a lot of weight inside which was far to heavy for Flash to lift.
In the afternoon I was asked to try animating two characters walking together. Not as easy as it sounds, I had Flash and Marsha (also from Rory the Racing Car) to work with. I did a great job with Flash but a few niggles with Marsha. I will work on that tomorrow hopefully.



Flash on the set. He's skidding to a halt.




Here is my camera setup in the studio. I wish I had that camera, its awesome!

Next to my studio they are prepping one of the title shots for Rah Rah. I can't help but smile at this place, it's amazing and i can definitely see myself doing this as a career.

Thats all for now guys. Videos will follow by the end of the week.

Pete




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like your having an awesome time mate! Looking forward to seeing your shots.

    How did you get the weeks training, was is through uni or just from asking them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having a top time pal, Before Christmas I popped round to show them my trailer and they told me I had to go and do there training scheme. Luckily I don't live too far away. So here I am :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fair play mate! Such a brilliant opportunity. Hope the next 2 days are just as good as the first for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing Dream come true...inspiring!!

    jriggity

    ReplyDelete

Stop-Motion, Animation, Claymation, factory Dogs, Boxed In, Peter Ellis, Scope Animation