Monday 26 July 2010

Animating the trailer

Hi everyone

I thought I should show you how I got on with animating the teaser trailer for "Factory Dogs"

It was a 10 week filming period, animating on a good day around 2-3 seconds.

This is a production shot from the opening scene in the trailer.
It was a fun shot to shoot as I had to change focus from Dermot in the foreground to Big Dean in the background. As you can see the wall was a print photographed at a carpet factory. Quite fitting as my production is "Factory Dogs"

__________________________________
This is the keypad used to speed up the animation process. the shortcuts for Stop Motion Pro 7 are added to the pad. I then add my designed icons to make it easier to remember which buttons to press. Its also a wireless mouse so I can move it anywhere and not need to go back and forth to my computer.


__________________________________
Stop Motion Pro has become an integral part to my filming. With added features like "Rig removal" in Studio 7. I am able to make any character or object fly and just rub out the rig in post production right from SMP. I can then export the movie with or without the rig. Visit their site for more details http://www.stopmotionpro.com/
__________________________________
This is a production shot of me animating Norman filing his nails. Quite a tricky shot as the camera was being moved from left to right on a dolly, Being moved very slightly for every shot.
In the background you might just be able to make out a tiny bit of the storyboard. This is the blueprint before I start animating and shows me exactly what I am trying to achieve in the shot.
__________________________________
Thanks for tuning in. I will post many more production pictures and maybe a few videos in my next post. Hope you found it interesting and please sign up to Factory Dogs website
Bye for now
Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop-Motion, Animation, Claymation, factory Dogs, Boxed In, Peter Ellis, Scope Animation